Tuesday, July 19, 2011

A Day of Firsts

I think Gideon knew I was depressed over my grandpa passing and Stella refusing to eat. The boy kicked it into gear the last couple of days and made his mama proud.

Yesterday I used my food processor for the first time (I LOVE IT!) and made a sweet potato puree for the boy to try once daddy got home. It went over WAY better than apples (also made by mommy) I am still struggling with the decision of whether or not to post the apple video here. It ends with a volcano of vomit.



Yesterday we also tried out our baby pool again (last time he was kind of a lump) what a difference a couple of months makes!

May 30th:


July 18th:


Today Gideon decided to take it even further and impress me with his newly acquired rolling and teeth growing skills. He's a genius!


Finally! I acted all cool like "every baby is different" and "he will do it when he is ready" while inside I was thinking "OHMYGODISSOMETHINGWRONGWITHHIM?"

This is actually his second roll, I made him do it twice, just in case (you may recall the fluke roll over a couple of months ago, this is different, this is REAL)


Wouldn't you know it, right after rolling over Gideon decided to show off his first tooth! (of course when I turned the camera on he shut his mouth)

I am sooooo glad that I have the ability to capture these moments on camera. I think the husbandit would have been pretty sad to have missed this.

No comments:

Post a Comment