Sunday, November 28, 2010

The holidays have begun!

I do not feel at all prepared for this holidays business. I imagine things will feel differently next week. Speaking of, I am SO excited to be done with work soon! My last day at the high school is Friday and I have no idea how I am going to get through the next week of school. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my class and my mentor teacher but I am so tired. That and I am down to three shirts that are long enough to cover my growing child.

Thanksgiving was nice and relaxing. First of all, it was wonderful having the whole week off. I got a lot done, including submitting my final teaching portfolio, grocery shopping, a small amount of Christmas shopping, and lots of cooking. (Maybe too much cooking, it took two days to clean my kitchen and now I am having to clean out my overstuffed refrigerator as well.) Thanksgiving morning was also our anniversary so I made a batch of half cream cheese iced, half orange glazed cinnamon rolls for our anniversary breakfast while Mac made sweet potatoes for Thanksgiving with his parents later that day. After exchanging gifts (Mac had my wedding dress cleaned and persevered!) we got dressed and headed out to Aledo for Thanksgiving lunch with Alan, DeAnna, Maggie, Peyton, John, Carol, Nikki, Kelly and Kaitlyn. It was a FULL house. Kelly and Nikki brought their new, adorable, puppies with them so between them and the babies there was a lot of giggling and cuteness going on all afternoon. Around 4:00 we headed to Corinth to have dessert with Mom, Rock and Beth. That was nice, especially when Mom, Beth and I went into the study to talk and laugh like teenagers.

One would think that being pregnant on Thanksgiving would be pretty rad; eating as much as you want with no regrets. Let me tell you, it's not. I actually have a hard time eating very much lately, it always feels like my stomach is in my throat. I am also finding that my blood sugar changes very rapidly these days which means I can go from fine to starving in about 5 minutes time. I only ate a little bit of lunch on Thanksgiving and then nothing at my mom's house, which I ended up paying for all night long with severe stomach, leg and foot cramps accompanied by the nausea of very low blood sugar and extreme heartburn. I am doing my best to stay on top of eating now and trying to eat more little snacks more often.

I don't think I am very good at nesting, I am too tired! It took me all day to dust because I kept taking breaks to rest. This may be because I am a little anemic. I have a doctor's appt tomorrow afternoon so maybe I will find out if I am still anemic. Luckily I have Mac around. He put up the Christmas lights and the tree this week AND he is upstairs painting the nursery as we speak.

Oops, it's almost 6 and I need to eat dinner. Wish me luck at my appt tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment