Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The cat is out!

We have officially told the world about our Spud. I decided that this was the best way to communicate our joy over this blessed event:

Mac and I would like to let you all know that 11 weeks ago I contracted a parasite that is currently laying waste to my body. The doctors hope that the infection will last no longer than 40 weeks but others who have suffered from similar invasions have seen them persist for 43 weeks or more. Luckily I am not contagious but my condition has caused me to avoid most social situations due to nausea, weight gain, and general physical discomfort. It is our hope that you will keep us in your thoughts and prayers in the coming weeks and keep the hope alive that this will all have a swift and happy outcome.

A recent ultrasound showed that the parasite looked like this at 7 weeks:









or perhaps more like this:













Hehehe, a little Edwardsesessses humor for you there. Luckily people seemed to like it.

Thank you everyone for all of the wonderful, positive, loving responses to our news. We are so excited to meet our baby and to introduce Spud to all of you. I know that in the coming years you will all be a part of our child's life and I wouldn't want it any other way.

4 comments:

  1. I, personally, adore Edwardesses' humor! LOL! This is SUCH wonderful news! and I'm SO excited about your blog! WooHoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I referred to that first image, often, during my 1st trimester. ;) Hooray for being so close to the 2nd trimester!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the humor...love the blog...love you "three"!!! (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehehe, thanks. Its sad that I am so uncomfortable with pluralizing my last name. I just can't wrap my brain around it :)

    ReplyDelete