Thursday, July 22, 2010

Getting my head in the game...

Mac doesn't like having a picture of an alien on the blog. I wonder which picture he is referring to...

Being pregnant, and thinking about being pregnant, and researching being pregnant, etc, has all become a huge distraction from the rest of my life. I am only taking one class this semester and THANK GOD. All of my previous semesters I have taken 3 classes, last semester I even did it without my Adderall (oh Adderall, how I MISS you)and have managed to maintain a 4.0 GPA. This semester I am still getting good grades but it is such a struggle, like I am right on the edge of disaster. Right now all I need to do is read a chapter, watch a lecture, make up a few independent study contracts and participate in the group discussion before Friday and for some reason I just can't get my head in the game. I keep daydreaming about being done with this semester, but as they say the only way to end it is to go through it right?

Oh, I got my student teaching assignment for the fall. I will spend August, September and half of October at the middle school and then the rest of October, November and December at the high school. I am so lucky that the schools are within 15 mins of my house and in a really great district. I will also be taking two classes online. Thank god I am taking the Spring semester off. I can't imagine having a baby two weeks into the semester as I had originally planned. I need to tell the student teaching office that I am pregnant, but I think I will wait until 13 weeks.

Okay enough stalling, its time to go read about gifted girls and society.

No comments:

Post a Comment